Sand casting, also called sand molded casting, is used sand as mold to cast metal into specific shapes. This processing method is widely in many industries like metallurgy, mining machinery, transportation machinery (including automobile, aerospace, marine), and other industries. It play an important role for daily life. At present, the sand casting is not just using clay as bonding agent, but also using other material like oil, resin and sodium silicate.
1. Use Computer Aided Design to create the drawing.
2. Use wood or metal to create the pattern.
3. Use the pattern to create the mold and remove the pattern.
4. Pour the molten metal into the sand mold and waiting for cooling and solidifying.
5. Remove the casting from the mold and clean the surface.
6. Make further processing according to customers’ requirement.
1. Lower cost
2. Wear resistant than other casting method, especially for casting in larger size like components for crusher
3. Short time for manufacture and more faster for delivery